9.07 Ray Of Hope Church Vocational Ministry Training Program.
Ray Of Hope Church conducts a Vocational Ministry Training Program that is
designed to educate its participants and provide them with proficiency in the
the doctrine of the Bible: general and special revelation; the inspiration, infallibility,
canonicity, illumination, and interpretation of the Bible.
2) Theology Proper, the doctrine of God: the existence, attributes, and
decrees of God; the Trinity.
3) Christology, the doctrine of Christ: the divine-human natures of Christ
and the hypostatic union; the offices and present ministry of Christ; the
theophanies and prophecies of Christ.
4) Pneumatology, the doctrine of the Holy Spirit: the personality and
deity of the Holy Spirit; the Spiritís work in relation to Christ and in regenerating,
baptizing, indwelling, gifting, and healing believers. The Holy Spiritís role
as the Vicar Of Christ and the source of all ministry and power in the
5) Soteriology, the doctrine of salvation: the death of Christ,
substitution, propitiation, reconciliation, justification by faith alone,
regeneration, election, free will, grace, faith, perseverance.
6) Anthropology and Harmartiology, the doctrines of man and sin: the
origin, fall, and nature of man; the definition of sin and imputation of sin.
7) Ecclesiology, the doctrine of the church: the relationship between
Israel and the Church; the local church and the universal Church; the imagery
used to describe the church (body, bride, priesthood, temple, flock); the
government of the church; the ordinances of the church; evangelism, spiritual
gifts, and ministry.
8) Eschatology, the doctrine of last things: heaven, hell, return and
thousand year earthly kingdom where Christ shall rule from Jerusalem,
resurrection(s), judgment(s), and humanityís eternal state. ** Proficiency in
understanding the position of various denominations with regard to their
decisive teaching method using amillennialism, postmillennialism,
premillennialism, or a total spiritualization of any end time teachings and
doctrines.Articulate the impact of
eschatological position on every aspect of a denominationís presentation of the
Christian religion.** (** added on 5/25/16**)
9) Angeology, the study of the various words translated as heavenly hosts,
cherubs, seraphim, angels, guardian angels, archangels, messengers, The Angel
Of The Lord, and their meaning, their role, their function as described in the
Bible. Application of the term angel to human beings in Scripture. The study of
all benevolent spirit beings.
10) Demonology, the study of all available materials regarding the
rebellious spirit beings who are the "cohorts" of Satan and adherents
to Satanís ongoing agenda of wickedness and sin.
11) Satanology, the study of the rebellion of Lucifer and his fall from
being Godís most beautiful created being to total loss of favor with God.
Primary sources for this study are Genesis, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, the
Gospels, the Letters, and the Book Of Revelation. The study of Satanís
introduction of sin into creation and a study of the world before that
introduction. Satanís past, present, and future role in the rebellion against
God. The certain and eternal destiny of Satan and all of his cohorts and wicked
12) Church Administration For Ray Of Hope Church, Financial, Church
Council, Local Leadership, church offices, legal and taxation.
13) Ray Of Hope Church Historical Record, the study of the story of Ray Of
Hope Church as it is recorded in minutes of Board and Council, Leadership and
other Committees from the earliest extant records to the present.
14) Polity and Christianity, an overview of the various governing systems
that are used among Christians around the world. Particular attention given to
four models; Papal, Congregational, Non-Cleric, and Communal.
15) History of Christianity, a primary emphasis on the Western Church,
with a secondary emphasis on the Eastern and Third World Church.
16) Christian Worship, history, background, practices, organization,
philosophy, and rationale for variations in the expression of Christian
17) World Religions Outside Christianity, introduction to source materials
for accurate information on global religions that do not worship Christ as the
Divine Son of God.
18) Religious Life, day-to-day living as an ordained servant of Christ Ė
professional conduct and professional ethics, relationships, work load, rest
and health, spiritual nourishment, personal finances, balance with secular
work, prayer, personal faith and conversion, personal sin and failure, personal
crisis in faith and relationship to Christ and the Church, on-going and
life-long study, mental and emotional health, relationship to congregation as
"leader" and as a "member" or "participant",
religious communities or religious orders/vows, House Of Clergy, Secular
friends, family and associates. Study of the ordained ministries of Ray Of Hope
Church and qualifications for ongoing status of "good standing".
Planning retirement, and care of elderly and ill persons in Religious Life at
Ray Of Hope Church.
19) The Priesthood Of All Believers, the study of the Christian life as
lived in the power of the Holy Spirit by all who are born-again into Christ.
The responsibilities, the privileges, and the honor of being the Body Of Christ
in the world today.
20) Pastoral Care, the care of souls, home visiting, shut-in ministry, the
differently abled, death and dying, hospitals and the clergy, marriage/divorce
Ėthe church and the law, prisons, correctional facilities and the clergy,
ministry to the terminally ill, AIDS ministry, the difference between
professional counseling and pastoral care.
21) Sexuality and Christianity, the his/herstory of various approaches
taken in the past and in the present regarding sexual orientation, sexual
gender expression, sexual dysfunctions and illnesses and possible treatment
assistance, care of the pre-born, the infant, the child, the adolescent, the
young adult, the mature adult, the middle aged adult, the older adult, the
elderly in the Christian Church, and Ray Of Hopeís unique approach to this
ministry of life.
for the Director of the Vocational Ministry Training Program, shall be those
established by the Council Of Ray Of Hope Church.